Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It really would have been nice, but I seem to have been providentially prevented from attending a Creation-slash-Intelligent Design conference/seminar in Prague, Czeck Republic. There were transportation issues, although that was probably the easiest remedied. Also, I wasn't able to get a couple days of leave squared away soon enough. Actually, what we were hoping to do was get there in the afternoon on Thursday, rest up and do some sightseeing before the conference starts on Friday.

So, I guess I'll just have to settle for some constructive activity this weekend. Like washing clothes, or walking the dog, or buying a digital camera, or something like that. Hmm.....

10 comments:

Tamara L Beckwith said...

How about going to a football game Saturday afternoon in Heidelberg? No guarantees about the outcome, but maybe your yelling could inspire some oompa, hutzpah, and verve. Call. You know the number.

Anonymous said...

OR you could come to the game in Wurzburg this weekend. :) Just kidding. Seriously, though, would you like to meet and hang out sometime? I have a bunch of single friends in Heidelberg, and I now have a driver's license... Beth

Rebekah said...

OR you could come take in the symphany with Anna and I--students get in for ten dollars! I wonder if you're student...yes?...no?

Nathan said...

Hey Bek-I think that would be so awesome. Remember when we went to the Whatcom Symphony? Incredible! I wouldn't mind paying the extra money for non-students, for sure.

Otherwise, I just came back from Heidelberg, and I find it to be a really cool place, so maybe that would be the place to go sometime. Hmmm. I wonder if they have a symphony there?

Anonymous said...

Czech not all it used to be. Things have gotten expensive and the morbid atheism is now an established tradition. Where's Jan Hus when we need him?!

Mark said...

Hey Nathan...you need to post that tolkienesque description of you soon!

Nathan said...

Ooooh! You heard about that, huh?

Soon.

But then, should it be a post or part of my description?

Mark said...

Dude, you read it to me over the phone!

No, just a post will do fine

sarah said...

Hey, you! Happy Birthday! Are you really twenty-six now? That must make me almost. . . **old**. How sobering.

La*Oriente said...

I can't beleive this is the first time I have ever commented on your blog! We just got back on Sunday really early so we have been out of the loop for what seems like ages.
It totally turbular (BIG LOL on the word usage there) that you have a blog!!!!
btw, when was your birthday?