Well, I got back from Washington at about 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday and returned to work on Friday. Disappointingly, we were told that we would have to work on Saturday and Sunday as well. You see, we're trying to prepare for an exercise, and not everything is set up yet. But since I was feeling flu-ish on Friday, they told me not to come in on Saturday. (for which I was very grateful) But it didn't really lessen the feeling of disappointment-degraded from frustration-due to being forced to work on the Lord's day. This being an exercise, I don't see how it is mission essential to keep people from the worship of God and the fellowship of the saints. Not to mention the idea of resting the seventh day. After an airplane flight halfway around the world...with no sleep...and only a day and a half recovery from jetlag. Anyway, it wasn't an unconstitutional order. But we only had to work about 3 hours today. But then, I missed the morning service. But then, I'll still be able to go to evening worship at 6 p.m.
Hmmm. I need to get ready for it.
Things aren't all bad: there will always be much to be thankful for. Such as the subject on which I ought to post: the wonderful time I had on leave back home with my family.
Coming soon.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Nate!
Hang in there. Glad you were able to worship this evening. Do take care and keep us updated on what's going on.
Hey Nate!
Hang in there. Glad you were able to worship this evening. Do take care and keep us updated on what's going on.
can't wait to read about it; all those fast-growing nieces and nephews! -Beth
Glad you got home okay. I figured that since I didn't hear anything, you didn't miss your plane. ;) Katie and Andrew were really sad that you had to leave so soon. They kept saying, "Nafan stay wif me!!" You seem to have made quite the impression. It took me a day and a half to convince them that Nafan really did need to go to Nafan's house. . .of course, then I had to convince them that you couldn't "take ME too." (that was from Katie) You really need to come again and stay longer next time, okay?
Miss you,
PS: Ben says you owe him a beer - preferably a good black German one.
Glad you made it safely, and thanks to you and sibilings for coming to my crazy graduation "party" just a few days before you had to leave. (lol, I think I need to thank your Mom for letting me steal you all away for the evening :D
God bless!
Nathan! My dear, dear boy. Everyone is gone now...very sad. However, long faces are never pleasant, therefore we shall rejoice! I miss you bro--keep the faith.
P.S. Thanks for all you help and counsel--it was much appreciated. Love you!
Post a Comment