I take the time today to do something I should have done a long time ago, and in person. I want to express my sincere and humble thanks to my dear sister, Sarah. I'll tell you why:
When I was returning to Germany after my time on leave, I had a 4 hour stopover at JFK International Airport which is on Long Island, NY. My sister lives on Long Island, about 15 minutes from the airport. So, we connected and I spent a couple pleasant hours with Sarah-... and her two wonderful children. I don't think I really thought about it much before, but the children, Katie and Andrew, seemed to know me pretty well. Thank you, Sarah, for picking me up at JFK and feeding me dinner, but most of all, I want to thank you for how well the two darlings know/remember me. I know it's because of your teaching them. And it restores the feeling that I'm still part of the family, no matter where I am or how long I'm gone.
For those who would like to see Katie and Andrew, go ahead and click on this link. My sister Rebekah has posted some great pictures there on her blog site.
So that's a little bit regarding my trip back home. I know I should have written more before now, but... I'll not try to excuse myself. I'll try to do better.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How very wonderful bro! What a fantastic four hours. Also, what a sweet tribute you pay here to our sister. You go my boy.
Post a Comment