Last Thursday, I was given the opportunity to sing at the Air and Space Communications Group awards ceremony. It was an honor to sing the national anthems of the United States and of Germany. Many people expressed their appreciation to me. And the individuals in charge spoke of possible opportunities in the future for me to serve in a "vocal" role. It's somewhat exciting, to say the least.
It's also kind of interesting, considering the fact that I have been singing for the "worship" portion of the singles' Thursday night Bible study at the Southside Chapel on Base. Actually, the interesting part is that the guitarist with whom I've been singing is PCSing in March. So, last Thursday, we led worship together for the last time(someone else will be taking over). But now, it seems that one opportunity to use my voice for service has been replaced by another. Now, I know nothing is coincidence, but I really never would have guessed this. I don't know for sure if more opportunities will actually come, but I thank God for any and all.
Signing off for now.
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome. I am so glad that God is providing you with additional opportunities for service. BTW: Thank you for singing the German anthem for me--it sounded superb!
N, that's great! Does the USAF have a world-roving chorus or such?
By the by, my wife brought back from WA a bunch great photos of some Germanic warrior with an unusual case of male-pattern balding. Ummm . . . and minus a bit of his wardrobe. We're keeping them for the children's scrapbooks. "Justus, do you remember when you met the Ubermensch? That was just before we had to rush you to the hospital." :)
That is wonderful news Nathan. I am very happy that you are getting new oportunities to do something you love and that can be such a blessing. I am happy to read that you had a good trip home and that things are going well now that you are back. I was gone for 2 weeks and then have been crazy busy for the next two so am just now getting caught up on reading blogs. Was really nice to see you a few times while you were here and hope it happens next time you wander this way! Keep up the good work!
Good stuff. I hope that keeps up. That sound like something worth doing often!
Hey bro--
What's cooking your way? I haven't heard from you in...eons!
Post a Comment