Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finally

A Sunday completely free of work!!! Praise the Lord!!! Unfortunately, today was considered a "break" day, so there were plenty of activities scheduled, but...it's the Sabbath. The Lord's holy day of rest. So, I went to chapel while there was a 5k run going on, and after lunch they played flag football. And there was another softball tournament. I guess I regret that they planned these things for Sunday instead of a weekday. I know I would have enjoyed participating.

In church, I didn't recognize any of the songs we sang. The chaplain said something about one of them being good for singing around the campfire with young people. Well,...O.K. He also said that next week we'll be looking at the Koran, because it's important to know about it in order to be better witnesses to muslims. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but what can I say? I'm not sure what I think. Is it sinful selfishness to desire simply the preaching of God's word? Maybe save the study of other things to, perhaps, a weekday bible study? I know such a thing would definitely be hard to do, seeing that at the chapel this morning, there were maybe 7 or 8 people in attendance. And there might be fewer for a weekday study.

Anyway, it's going on 10:30 pm, or 2230 hrs, so I figure I should sign off.

Oh, and please, have no doubt that I would be calling home if I could. It's just that the nearest military base on the DSN network is long distance from my folks place. Well...I guess I could get a calling card, or something. Hmmm...

Nathan out.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Stick to your guns Rambo. I love you for your steadfast witness and love for God's Word preached and His pleasure in your life. He will bless you--just as He has all the days of your life. Missing your calls home here--you are sorely missed. Continue however, to serve duty as well as us, your distracting family. :)

Anna said...

Nice going in joining the singing! I probably would have as well. I have been attending the Wednesday "RC night" that Mark goes to and they sing first every time. It is so wonderful to sing harmony together! I miss us 4 younger ones doing it!
Love you!

sarah said...

Can you download anything from where you are? If so, get some cd's and download some sermons from sermonaudio.com - Ben and Pastor S. have some great ones. Also, there are a couple of Sunday School lessons available for listening at our website opcli.org.

Hope the slim diet at the worship service doesn't keep you from feasting other times.

Love you, bro!

Anonymous said...

ah, military chapels! I heard about Noriega in our service today. :) I enjoyed the sermon, but it was hard to wade through the Army terms so I could understand all of the metaphor/intro story he used.

Don't be too upset about missing Toby Keith. -Beth

Mark said...

If it's anything like the staple spiritual diet at a CAP activity, I sympathize.