Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Excuses, excuses.....

Here's some explanation for my absence:

I've had no internet at my house since I moved there. It is somewhat of an inconvenience to have to use someone else's computer, or go to the cyber cafe on base-which is where I am currently type away. So, take it as you will. I have also had no phone either. And the phone connection is necessary to get DSL internet service. The German telecommunications business has some problems, to say the least. I've been signed up for phone service for over a month, but I've had no dial tone or anything. They missed an appointment I made with them to come to my house and check it out, and they are supposed to come again this Friday. So, we'll see what happens. Maybe they'll get things rolling.

Next week I shall be unavailable to write any excuses. So here's my excuse for next week: I'm gonna be in the field again. Probably for the last time this year.

But anyway, until next time, God be with you!

And Semper Gumby! (always flexible)

7 comments:

Mark said...

Hey that's tough... What a drag. We are patient though. I'll even put a news bulletin out when you post next so your traffic won't suffer...that is if I have any readers of my own to direct.

Rebekah said...

I think you will find that forgiveness is a virtue found with abundance in my heart. I miss you though.

BTW: Many happy returns! Check your email.

Anonymous said...

He's back! I got a lovely phone call today.....Happy Birthday dear one!
Love, Mom

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday!! hope it was a good one - wow, you're getting old :) lol

Ruth said...

I'm three days late (yeah, that charge of procrastination was very hypocritical :P) but Happy Birthday! Here's to many more...

Anna said...

Actually only 1 day late.

Happy Birthday brothah!

I love you!!
I'll try to send you a card/letter soon!

Crystal said...

Happy late birthday to you! Happy late birthday to you! Hope it was a good one and that there are many more to come. God bless in the coming year.