Sunday, July 31, 2005

Post from "other place" #4

Friday, July 29, 2005
Well, starting on Monday, for two weeks, I will be semi-unavailable for contact. You see, I'll be attending a Combat Readiness Course(CRC), which is basically a field exercise meant to train us how to deploy, show us what it's like, and what to do in situations. Should be pretty fun...after you get past the first bout of nerves, that is. It's something I have to go through before I am deployed to various places. Like, say, Iraq. Or maybe Afghanistan. Might write about it afterward. Your prayers would be very much appreciated. Huaah!

Oh, I almost forgot. Another prayer request: I'm having oral surgery in a few weeks. In order to put a crown on one of my teeth, they have to "trim" a little bit of bone on either side of the tooth. Should be fun. I decided against the sedative pills and I.V. anesthetic, opting for just the local shots. But I'll probably get a day or two off of work, which will be nice. As always. And don't worry. You're not the only one paying for it. The President and I are chipping in, as well.

Somewhat off the subject: Congress is beginning to get rid of the death tax! Here's Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council in his July 25, 2005 "Washington Update":
(edited)
"According to a study cited by Congress's Joint Economic Committee in 2002, eliminating the death tax outright would, within seven years, create 240,000 jobs and increase the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by more than $33 billion."

Pretty cool, huh?

Please let me know if I need to edit this post to avoid plagiarism.

(edited) How're the changes, Mark?

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh my brother, my heart is overflowing with ecstatic joy. At last! You shall write, and I shall read. And we shall commune across the miles.

Lovings!

Gloria said...

Hello Nathan. You don't know me but I'm a friend of Anna, Mark and Rebekah. I hope your oral surgery goes well and your Combat Readiness Course. ~Gloria~

Mark said...

Use block-quotes and insert the link where you found the quote. And to be consistent with my stance that blogger.com is almost too simple to use, I will point out that there are tools to help you insert both.

Another little English convention that helps avoid confusion: don't start quotes in the middle of a paragraph...so even if you don't use block-quotes and stick with the quote marks, just be sure to start with a new paragraph.

Ok, so you didn't exactly ask for all that info...but you wanted to know how to avoid plagiarism...

Crystal said...

You fixed it Nathan! Now I can bore you with my comments just the same as I do everyone else. Aren't you excited! ha, ha.

I wish you all the best during your upcoming training.

Anonymous said...

Hi - makes sense to be on blogger instead of Xanga, so you can have a whole family-ring going. :) Thanks for your comments on mine! Ciao - Elizabeth

Kristi said...

*sigh*
I posted a comment on this post quite a while back. It was a rather lengthy comment, all about anesthetics/anesthesia, pain, and oral surgry ect....so yeah, I guess it scared the poor computer or something, for it never did post my little speech.
(Hey now, don't look *too* relieved ;)
Oh well. I do hope all is well. It's nice to hear from you!